Welcome to August! We hope that you have been enjoying our posts. Today we are going to start out our posts for the month with our tips for August. Below are the tips for August for your garden.
- Think about planting some cover crops to give your garden green manure.
- Collect & store the seeds from the garden.
- Harvest potatoes when the tubers begin to form.
- Harvest onions and garlic when the tops are dried down. Let them cure for 2 to 3 weeks before you store them.
- Store your garlic, onions, and potatoes in a dry and cool place away from your apples
- Plant shrubs and trees once the weather is cooler.
- Divide your crowded perennials that bloom in the spring
- Repair areas that are diseased or insect-affected areas using grass seed and allow 4 to 6 weeks to establish before the frosts start.
Keep watching our blog – we”ll be posting more helpful blogs coming up this month to help you get ready for fall. If you are interested, we offer fall cleanujp services. Contact us here to find out more!