Winter is here, and that means that snow is going to fall. So you want to make sure that you are staying safe while you are shoveling your snow. Below are some snow shoveling safety tips that you can use to keep yourself safe while shoveling.
Snow Shoveling Safety Tips
- Don’t shovel while smoking or after eating
- Go slowly while you are shoveling and stretch before starting
- Shovel only powdery, fresh snow because it’s lighter.
- Push snow, don’t lift snow
- If it’s necessary to lift the snow, do it using a small shovel. If that’s not possible, only you’re your shovel partially
- Don’t lift using your back, use your legs
- Stop before you become exhausted
- Consult your doctor before shoveling if you have a problem with heart disease. Stop immediately if you have dizziness or chest tightness.
- Frequently take breaks and pay close attention to the way that your body’s feeling
- Don’t eat a lot right after or just before you shovel. This can affect your heart.
- Learn what it feels like you have a heart attack for women and men. Listen to what your body is telling you. even if you’re not sure that you your systems point to a heart attack, you should be checked out.
These are some snow shoveling safety tips that you should use to make sure that you are staying safe when you are shoveling. If you are interested, we offer snow removal services. simply contact us here to find out more. We’re also on Facebook.